Results of work and planned activities of the scientific department of NP "Pripyatsky"
Research activities in 2016 in the Pripyatsky National Park were carried out by a structural unit - the scientific department. The expenditures on scientific activities of the Pripyatsky National Park from the republican budget for 2016 were determined in the amount of 14 000,0 rubles. In the previous year, 14,000.0 rubles (100.0% of the planned) were spent from these funds on the implementation of two topics of research:
– «Scientific support of environmental protection activities and sustainable resource management of the GPU NP Pripyatsky - 12,500.0 rubles;
– «Dynamics of phenomena and processes in natural complexes of the NP “Pripyatskiy” (Chronicle of Nature) ”- 1,500.0 rubles.
In 2016, on the topic "Scientific support of environmental protection and sustainable resource management of the GPU" NP "Pripyatsky", the following most important research results were obtained:
– data were obtained on the assessment of the renewal of pedunculate oak in a part of the floodplain oak forests of the Pripyatsky National Park;
– pollution data obtained 137Cs wild ungulates, as well as specific activity 137Cs in 8 main commercial fish species inhabiting the Pripyat River and adjacent floodplain water bodies for the safety of fishing and fishing tourism;
– a description was completed and passports were drawn up for 22 cenopopulations of 11 species of rare and endangered plants of the Pripyatsky National Park for use in order to optimize the protection of natural complexes and objects, the development of ecological tourism, forest certification;
– data were obtained on the dynamics of the main forest and forest bog phytocenoses at the hospitals of the NPP "Pripyatsky";
– an assessment of the current state is given and the regularities of the long-term dynamics of wild ungulates in the Pripyatsky National Park are established;
As a result of the implementation of topic 2. "Dynamics of phenomena and processes in natural complexes of the NP" Pripyatsky ". (Chronicle of Nature) materials of the peculiarities of the weather and climatic conditions of 2016 were obtained, the annual dynamics of groundwater in the main forest ecosystems was studied, the available materials on the biodiversity of flora and fauna were summarized, the changes that took place in plant communities were analyzed, data on the abundance of the hunting fauna were given, the parameters of the complex was -mode activities, scientific, forestry, environmental tourism, publishing and environmental education activities.
Scientific novelty and theoretical value of research:
– pollution data obtained 137Cs wild ungulates and data on specific activity 137Cs in 8 main commercial fish species living in the Pripyat River;
– 22 new habitats of 11 rare and endangered plant species included in the Red Book of the Republic of Belarus of the 4th edition, growing in the territory of the Pripyatsky National Park, have been identified in the National Park.
Practicalthe meaning of the results.
The results and the obtained materials were used for:
– implementation of the "National Action Plan for the Conservation and Rational Use of Bison";
– in ecotourism (27 excursions were conducted, 512 excursionists, including 7 excursions with foreigners, 45 excursionists from 5 countries);
– in environmental education (published scientific and popular articles - 8, radio and television appearances - 4).
Materials and research results will also be used in the future.:
– when implementing State programs and action plans;
– when making managerial decisions on the preservation and restoration of natural complexes and their individual components;
– in the environmental and industrial (forestry, forestry, hunting) activities of the national park;
– in ecotourism and environmental education and publishing.
Research results published 4 scientific works in total 1,61 copyright sheet, including: scientific publications – 1; conference proceedings – 3.
In 2017, the implementation of theme No. 1 "Scientific support of environmental protection and sustainable resource management of the GPU" NP "Pripyatskiy" will continue and long-term research on the implementation of the continuous topic No. 2 for specially protected natural areas "Dynamics of phenomena and processes in natural complexes of the NP" Pripyatsky "(Chronicle of nature)".
On topic No. 1 for 2017, it is planned to continue research on the following ongoing sections:
1. To give a silvicultural assessment of the artificial plantations of the pedunculate oak in the National Park "Pripyatsky";
2. Determine the current pollution 137Cswild ungulates and commercial fish species of the Pripyatsky National Park;
3. To study the state of populations of rare and endangered plant species of the Pripyatsky National Park;
4. Determine the change in the structure of the bird population of the Pripyat floodplain on the territory of the Pripyatsky National Park;
5. To study the state of populations of rare and endangered insect species of the orders of dragonflies and beetles of the Pripyatsky National Park;
6. To study the dynamics of the main forest and forest bog phytocenoses at the hospitals of the NPP "Pripyatsky";
7. To assess the current state and establish patterns of long-term dynamics of wild ungulates in the Pripyatsky National Park;
On topic No. 2, in accordance with the personnel available at the GPU "NP" Pripyatsky ", the features of the dynamics will be described phenomena and processes in the natural complexes of the national park, economic activities, the results of scientific and educational work.
The total amount of expenditures for research in 2017 is planned in the amount of 15,000.0 rubles.